Oh my goodness, friends. Two weeks both feels like forever and like no time at all. In the past two weeks, we celebrated American Thanksgiving here. We lost our tradition defying guinea pig, Alice. I have hit the frantic end of the semester. My partner is battling a horrible chest cold.
If that wasn’t excitement enough? I’ve been working on creating a new offering for you all. Pouring heart, soul, and creation into my journal and computer to get ready for this.
Today, I am excited to begin offering the 30 Days of Building Practice workbook.
* Please note that this offering is being folded into the blog itself and is no longer available *
It’s chock full of prompts to guide you through creating a practice of your own – as it fits into your life. Using my experience with practice and my years of experience with NaNoWriMo, I’ve created what I hope will be a jump start to building your own writing practice at home.
Drawing on my processing, practicing, and desire to share this with everyone, this workbook focuses on building a writing practice that works for you – with your schedule, your goals, and your story. You set the time, the limits, and I provide prompts.
For $30*, you get a 30 page workbook, taking you through defining what practice means to you, developing your own practice, and prompts to take you through 30 days of writing.
Included with the workbook is support in your practice – a weekly check-in email from me, a private Facebook group to share your thoughts with other practitioners, a biweekly check-in conference call with other practitioners. (NOTE: The conference call begins in 2013. Also? None of these supports are required. You can interact as little or as much as you’d like.)
* Edited 12/30/12 to remove links. *
As I have been spending most of my free time on the Building Practice workbook, I was not able to rejuvenate nearly as much of the “About” content as I wanted. But, you know? That’s okay. It was way more important for me to get this new offering into the world. But, let me give you the scoop on what you can look forward to in the coming month!
- There’s a fancy new header and theme here at the blog.
- Writing prompts will continue on weekdays. They’ll now also be appearing on Twitter!
- There will be content changes/movement on the top bar links, with updated information.
- Live workshops are transitioning to a workbook format. These will be themed workbooks that you will be able to work through at your own leisure.
- That said, I’m hoping to have a FREE download offering for you by mid-December, introducing you to the format.
- I will still be offering live virtual classes. There won’t be as many times to choose from, but I can’t let that go. New classes will be forming in mid-January.
- There will be less posting here. I found that daily posting is not sustainable for me. Rather, on the first Sunday of each month, I will share the newest announcements. Posts will be Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. One day a week will be a Through the Glass Backwards vignette. Fridays will be a “mash-up” of Weekend Prompting and Weekend Reads.
So, a lot being planned. I also have brainstormed some other offerings for 2013 for you. I am bouncing in my seat even thinking about it. While I still will be offering limited live classes, I am moving toward more workbook/print options. Some will also include videos. If there’s something you want to see, please feel free to drop me an email or comment.
Welcome to the new V+R. I’m excited to see where the new year takes us!