Has it really been nearly a month since I dropped in and let you know I’m still kicking?
The last month has been full of wonky schedules, digging in, reading, and freak outs. (Minor ones, but, still.)
- I’ve gone from working early morning to closes to mid-days. I’ve been learning new routines and strategies at work.
- We’ve started half marathon training, which includes joining a gym and running more this month than I have in a long while.
- I’ve been appreciating my new therapist and the hard (important) work that we are doing.
- I’ve been digging the Inheritance trilogy by N. K. Jemisin. Hopefully getting the third one this weekend.
- I also am nearly done with The Cuckoo’s Calling, the book J.K. Rowling wrote under a pseudonym. Definitely interesting and hooked me in.
- In one week, I’ll be halfway through my orientation at my clinical site, which means that much closer to working with clients. Hence, freak outs.
I also have started a daily before-bed gratitude practice, which has been reminding me of all the small things I tend to forget when I freak out or get overwhelmed. Like the black and blue butterfly whose outstretched wings were the size of my palm. Or having two hours granted to me yesterday of free time, with nothing but a book and some iced tea. Or the way that I hit every single green light on the way out of the city last week.
My schedule for the fall is just about set, and that makes me happy. I’m going to be learning from some amazing souls, and moving forward on some research and, perhaps, starting some more. There is goodness in every day, even when I’m tired.
I don’t know what posting here will look like moving forward. I’ve had some ideas kicking around the last few weeks. It’s just a matter of getting the time to write them…
What about you? What has the end of summer looked like for you?